To offer historical perspective on the long-term risk and return of MMBB’s investment options, see the diagram below. It summarizes risk and return over time and encompasses both rising and falling stock market periods as well as both economic expansions and recessions.
- The horizontal placement of the fund indicates the volatility of the investment option, one measure of risk. The further to the right, the more the value of the fund is likely to fluctuate; the further to the left, the more stable, or reliable, the return of the option, historically.
- The vertical placement of the fund indicates the average return the investment option generated over the last 10+ years. The higher up on the diagram, the greater the return, the lower down, the more modest the return, on average, per year.
In reading this graph, please note the following:
- Past experience is no guarantee of future returns. This chart is just one tool to assist you in comparing one option to another.
- Returns can be negative as well as positive, especially in the short term.
- The New Horizons Fund has been offered to MMBB members beginning in 2006. Because the new Horizons Fund shares investments with MMBB’s Annuity Fund, we have linked the New Horizons experience to the Annuity Fund’s earlier years’ experience to provide representative data.
- The Stable Value Fund has been offered to MMBB members beginning in 2010. Because the Stable Value Fund invests in an account pooled with other institutions and that account has a longer track record, we have linked MMBB’s experience to the pooled account’s earlier years’ experience to provide representative data.
This website includes additional data for each investment option. We recommend that you read this information in order to make an informed decision. Remember you can always call one of MMBB’s member service representatives at 800.986.6222 or email us at email@example.com if you want more clarification or information.