- MMBB Church Finances & Administration – Your online guide to church finances and benefits administration, including descriptions of MMBB benefits offerings.
- The Pastoral Relations Committee, prepared and published by the United Church of Christ Parish Life and Leadership Ministry Team, suggests policies, principles, and procedures which may enhance the work of the Pastoral Relations Committee.
- Suggested Minister Church Agreement. A “covenant making” tool for American Baptist congregations and ministerial leaders to use during the process of extending a call of ministry to a new leader. Helps establish and maintain a healthy relationship between the congregation and leader by making clear and specific the terms and benefits of employment.
- Federal Reporting Requirements for Churches, by Richard R. Hammar, J D , LL M , CPA. These payroll reporting requirements apply, in whole or in part, to almost every church.
- Website of the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School. Click on “Browse Topics” for succinct posts covering various aspects of negotiation and conflict resolution.
- The Compensation Handbook for Church Staff, by Richard R. Hammar, J.D., LL.M., CPA, published by Christianity Today International (updated annually). Based on survey data from more than 4,600 churches representing nearly 8,000 staff members, this guide provides reliable compensation breakdowns for part-time and full-time church staff. Visit the Compensation section of YourChurchResources.com.
- The Essential Guide to Church Finances, by Richard J. Vargo and Vonna Laue (2009). How to strategize, organize, measure, communicate, protect and audit your church financials. Covers planning and budgeting, church financial reports, performance measurements and church audits. Visit the Accounting & Budgets section of YourChurchResources.com.
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In, by Roger Fisher and William Ury (2011). Offers a proven, step-by-step strategy for coming to mutually acceptable agreements in every sort of conflict. Based on the work of the Harvard Negotiation Project, a group that deals with all levels of negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most, by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton, and Sheila Heen (2010). From the Harvard Negotiation Project, a step-by-step approach to having tough conversations with less stress and more success. Learn how to decipher the underlying structure of every difficult conversation, start a conversation without defensiveness, and move from emotion to productive problem-solving.
The Ministers and Missionaries Benefits Board
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 1700
New York, NY 10115-0049
Tel: (800) 986-6222
Mon -Thu: 8:30 a m. – 5:30 p m , Eastern Time
Fri: 8:30 a m. – 4:15 p m , Eastern Time
Fax: (800) 986-6782
ABCUSA Ministers Council
PO Box 851
Valley Forge, PA 19482-0851
Christianity Today International
465 Gundersen Drive
Carol Stream, IL 60188
National Association of Church Business Administration
100 N. Central Expressway, Suite 914
Richardson, TX 75080-5326